Blackie Spit (White Rock, BC)
Our main training hill – Burnaby Mountain:
|– Take Alger Exit #240 off I-5
– Head west on Samish Lake Road for approximately 1/2 mile.
– Take your first hard left (more than 90 degrees) onto Barrel Springs Road.
– Approximately 6/10 of a mile, turn right on Blanchard Hill Road. It’s a dirt road marked by a large “clear cut.”
– On the gravel road you will pass by trailhead parking for Lizard and Lily Lakes. After approximately 1.6 miles, turn left on gravel road. (T intersection) There is an old, rusty-looking barrel gate, swung back on this road. We’ve never seen it closed.
– Go approximately 2.2 more miles to the end of the road.
|Take I5 South until the Burlington exit #230 and follow signs towards Whidbey Island on Hwy. 20. Once on Whidbey Island, follow Hwy. 20 south, eight miles past Oak Harbor. Turn right on Libbey Rd. and follow it 1.5 miles to Hill Valley Dr. Turn left and enter park.|